Friday 8 August 2008

A run ... on couscous?

I went to 4 grocery stores yesterday to buy couscous for Meg's famous curried couscous for our dinner with guests last night. Seriously. No one had it. Is there some worldwide blight on the couscous plant I don't know about? (Yes, I do know it's not actually a grain and is rather more like pasta. Actually, I just learned all kinds of new things about it having gotten curious as to why there might be a shortage.)

Instead we had mashed potatoes - no shortage of potatoes in this country - and the 6 of us drank 7 bottles of wine. My hangover hurts today. But I'm still planning to run Nancy's 8 on the 8th (or 9th, or 10th) this weekend.

Oh, and I emailed the folks at dailymile to ask about the widget I wanted, and about ex-US locations for event listings, and they emailed back right away to say both are in the works! Great customer service and definitely made me want to stick around.

No comments: