Sunday 10 August 2008

Speed yoga

Today's fitness activity was scheduled to be either yoga or a rest day. My hangover(s) and I had taken a few extra rest days already, so I opted for yoga. Meg had mentioned she might want to try it, so I looked a few places up and downloaded some new podcasts from YogaJournal that don't really rely on knowing the names of the poses. . But I forgot how much she *loves* the Olympics so today wasn't the day. Went downstairs planning to do "90 minutes with Wade" but accidentally pressed play on the YJ Morning Sequence instead. I was all surprised that Wade seemed to have gone soft after the birth of his kid when I wasn't sweating balls after 10 minutes. Or maybe I just wasn't doing the right practice. Could someone please give me remedial iTunes lessons? Anyway, the morning practice turned out to be exactly what I needed to stretch out some of the not-so-delayed DOMS from yesterday's 8 on the 8th, but 27 minutes was rather less than I wanted to do today. Unfortunately I only had one other YJ episode downloaded - Gentle Backbends - I wish it had been hip openers but I'll take what I can get.

I also put my new Reelights on my bike this afternon - I'm excited to try them out tomorrow, though I just realised after reading someone else's thoughts on them that I put the front one on the side away from traffic. Since Betty has a Pitlock on the front axle, it's a bit of a pain to take the front wheel off and I don't really want to redo all the screws for approximately the sixth time today. So I'm leaving it - it points forward anyway - and I'll see how it goes.

No comments: