Saturday 9 February 2008

Week 6, Day 3: Saturday night on the roads

I live an exciting life, clearly, when Saturday night at 6 finds me running up the "hip" street in my neighborhood instead of visiting the bars on said hip street. (Full disclosure - I'm going to go out for wine shortly.) But I really wanted to run and get back on schedule. I've got something of a superstition about filling every box in the book's journal to prepare for the marathon. I don't know why, and I know it's irrational.

After yesterday, I decided to pick up the pace a bit on this "easy" run. Which was good, but then I got it into my head that I should always be under 11 min/mile, so I welcomed the opportunity to catch my breath every time I crossed the street. I'm looking forward to next week when I can try to do this run more smoothly.

4.5 miles, 49:14.

No comments: