Sunday 10 February 2008

Week 6, Day 4: n of 1 learns what doesn't work

I had a rough time getting up this morning. Might have had something to do with the 5 glasses of wine I drank last night. Then I got out there, and my legs absolutely felt like lead. Could be that running at 5 yesterday, going out for dinner and drinks until 1am, then getting up at 9 to run for the third day in a row doesn't agree with me. I'm also not sure that the audiobook is working for me as well as it used to - I was kinda bored! I kept tripping over rises in the sidewalk when I didn't pick my feet up enough, and may have twisted an ankle or something - it really hurts now. And I still feel like lead several hours later. I ran through east London, up the marshes, then as I was turning toward home wishing I was more than 6 miles in, I came across the Blackhorse Road tube station on the Victoria line, which conveniently goes to my stop. So, despite the fact that there won't be a Blackhorse Road on my marathon, I hopped on the tube and came home.

I am traveling for work this week and will be in Switzerland on Wednesday morning. I had been thinking about running on Monday and Tuesday and taking Wednesday off, but honestly, I think I need the day off more tomorrow and I'll just bring my shoes with me.

6.3 miles, 1:18:00 (I think - need to confirm the time but I'm too lazy to go look at my watch right now).

1 comment:

Bill Carter said...

Hi Megan

Sometimes you really have it when you go out for a run and sometimes you don't. Now in this case it was probably result of the aforementioned night before:-) Nothing wrong with that.. can't wait until after my race to live it up for a while.

Switzerland sounds cool.. maybe not so much if it was for work.