Wednesday 7 January 2009

2 points to the overdressed runner

After yesterday's day of FAIL (TM J-Money), I am, with this post, proud to say I'm remembering what it's like to be a runner/blogger. Didn't get up at 6 (0 points) but did manage to go for a run after work - despite kinda not being so excited about it - and now I'm crossing "writing" off the list. It wasn't my best run ever but that's to be expected when the last time I turned on the Garmin was the ill-fated half-marathon more than 2 months ago. My back was hurting me but, whatever, I did it. 10 minutes at whatever pace, 2x5 minutes at approx ~10min/mile (I think), and then about 10 min back to my office. Everything's a little estimated because sometime during the last 10 minutes I accidentally pressed stop and didn't notice. But I'm guessing I did it about the same on the way back as on the way out, maybe a little slower. Part of not having run much lately is that I had no idea how to dress for the weather - it's about 5C but I wore long pants, long sleeves, gloves, and a hat, and I was rather overdressed. But I am really happy to be running again - I feel great tonight.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I love the goals idea. I too try to get up early, sometimes it happens, sometimes, well... Glad to have you back!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Bill Carter said...

Hi Megan

Glad to see you are running again. If all we had was the run itself and not those beautiful, wonderous endorphins that come later, would we still do it?

I never want to have to find that one out.

Best of luck with everything.