Tuesday 4 December 2007

Week 1

Week 1 of the non-runner's marathon training is complete. I didn't write a diary, or much in my comments of the book, but here's the stats:
Tuesday, 27 November: 3 miles s
cheduled. 3 miles run (highbury fields to clissold park route) with no music on a foggy morning. 38:53
Thursday, 29 November: 4 miles scheduled. Got totally lost after making a wrong turn out of finsbury park. Ran for about 4.5 miles (55:10 or so), walked another 4-5 in trying to find my way home. This "run" ended up being about 2.5 hours total. By the time I got home, I was nearly paniced, and so was Meg. Not a good day.
Friday, 30 November: 3 miles scheduled. 3 miles run (highbury fields to clissold park route) with Lindsay on a slightly rainy afternoon. After yesterday's ridiculous "run" I was understandably a bit sore. Still, I improved my pace (I think running with Lindsay helped): 37:16.
Sunday, 2 December: 5 miles scheduled. This was awful! Very windy afternoon. I'm so glad Lindsay was with me, because I had the most intense shin pain, and an incredible inability to pick up my feet for a good part of it. 5 miles run/walked about 50/50 (highbury fields to finsbury park route). 1:12:29.

Total for the week: 15.5 miles, 3:23:34
Training total: 15.5 miles, 3:23:34

No comments: