Wednesday 5 December 2007

Week 2, Day 2: Wednesday December 5

What should have been a vacation day, but as usual work intrudes. I didn’t do a morning run because I had something to finish. When I finally got out to run around 12:45, the rain had stopped – a nice surprise! I was having a pretty good run, despite the crowded streets. I was trying to do 14-15 minutes running, 1 minute walking, but accidentally took the first walk for 3 minutes as I tried to cross the street into Finsbury Park. Teach me to run in the middle of the day. [insert eye-roll here, but it doesn't matter.] I stopped to stretch once in the park, then ran most of the park loop (walking a bit up the hill from the dog waste container just after the playground to the top. I think it will be good to benchmark my treks up this hill, and measure my improvement in hills). Then as I’m in the last mile or so, my phone rings. Seems I did the clock math wrong, and my 2:30 call was actually at 1:30. Oh well, whatever, but it did upset my rhythm, and it was hard to get back in the groove. It doesn’t matter. Came in, and the rain came down again. Poured so hard I felt like I was inside of a carwash for a few minutes, then just stopped, and the sun is out again. Highbury Fields to Finsbury Park route, 4.1 miles, 54:00.

Week so far:
7.1 miles, 1:31:15


1 comment:

Marcy said...

Thanks for stopping by!

You don't know what I'd give for some rain right now LOL Sure beats having snow.

Great run! ;D