Saturday 19 January 2008

Week 3, Day 4, v2: the guilt-free bacon sandwich

Our regular Saturday morning ritual includes a trip to Borough Market, where Roast serves a free-range, organic pork loin sandwich with applesauce on a roll. This is known in our house as a "bacon sandwich." When I woke up this morning, I was not really that jazzed about getting up at 8 on a Saturday. Until I remembered that if I ran, I could eat the bacon sandwich totally guilt-free. I wonder if that will get me out of bed on Mondays too? Finsbury Park route, plus a little detour into the Ecology Park (way cool, but not actually a good place to run), and a lap of Highbury Fields at the end to get the total distance. I felt really good at the beginning, but was walking anywhere from 0.1 to 0.25 miles in each mile by the end. And then I had chocolate milk. 7 miles, 1:33:17.

No comments: