Tuesday 29 January 2008

Week 5, Day 1: It all adds up

I started out this morning by setting myself a "I can keep this up the whole way" pace. I didn't look at my watch, just did it by feel. I kept this pace pretty steady through the first 2 miles (even speeding up a bit), then right around the 2 mile mark I started to feel like I had settled in, and my pace (when I looked at it after the run) reflected this. I felt I could have kept going. I also noticed that, as of this morning, I've run more in January than I did in December (which I guess is easy to do when you're only consistent for 2 weeks out of the month). I think I've gotten over the hump, because it feels like this is getting easier. Someone please remind me of this on Saturday when I finish 10 (!) miles.

Fueling my obsession with statistics, I'm contemplating laying down the cash for Ascent, because I can't get the Garmin software to work on my work Mac (I can't install new programs, and Garmin doesn't work if you install it on the external hard drive which is what I usually do with personal stuff). Does anyone use it? Rants? Raves?

1 comment:

Bill Carter said...

Hi Megan

It sounds like you are making progress and that is always a grat thing. I don't have the Garmin or the Ascent, but it would be amazing to track your runs so closely. I also don't use a heart rate monitor or anything like that. I must be old school or just old!